2016-05-10: the printer is back in service
DesignJet Z6100PS 60" Large-Format Printer
PSE Computing Services maintains a large format poster printer for use by the PSE community, PSE-affiliated researchers, and certain Centers.
Printer is currently UP
To submit a job for printing, please visit this web page.
Please note that you must provide your PSE credentials (your @mail.pse username and password), the name of the PSE PI who is funding the print job, and a valid Speedtype that will be used for the recharge.
Certain print jobs (e.g., posters for the Spring and Fall Polymer Events) are free of charge and this mechanism should not be used to submit such posters. Please submit them directly to the person managing the event. If you are unsure if your poster qualifies, please contact PSE Computing Services or the PSE Department Chair.
When submitting a large number of posters, submitting posters at the last minute or after hours, or if you have special requests, please be sure to contact me by email or phone.
The PSE Poster Template is available for download here
The UMass Poster Template is available for download here
Director of Computing Services
Department of Polymer Science and Engineering
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003
Phone: (413)577-1329 Fax: (413)545-0082
Current printer status
- 2016-05-10: Line sensor replaced. Printer is operational.
- 2016-05-09: Line sensor dead, part on order, estimated date of repair is Thursday, 206-05-12 in the morning. If you choose to submit a poster, it will be printed when the repair is performed.
- 2014-06-24: Estimate for return to service is Wednesday afternoon, 2014-06-25. Please check back periodically. On-line poster submission will re-open as soon as printer is repaired. All supplies are on hand and printing should resume immediately upon printer repair.
- 2014-06-24: We are running out of parts to order! One of the parts was previously mis-shipped, but the correct part should be here tomorrow morning (Wednesday, June 25). Awaiting Carriage Control Board
- 2014-06-20: More parts have been ordered and the next service visit is scheduled for Tuesday, June 24. Priming system and ink tubes replaced. Error persisting; incorrect carriage board shipped, awaiting compatible replacement.
- 2014-06-16: As of Monday, June 16, the problem has been diagnosed, replacement parts have been ordered and a service visit has been scheduled for Thursday, June 19. The expected date of return to service is Friday, June 20. Priming system replaced; ordered new ink tubes and trailing cable
- 2014-06-06: As of June 6, 2014, the printer is down and is being repaired. This page will be updated when the problem is better understood and an estimate for the date of return to service exists. 02.1:10 Head carriage board defective; carriage collided with priming system; heads over-priming with cyan ink in particular. LM head shown as defective (in error).