I have been a professor in the Materials Science and Engineering Department at the University of Maryland since 1992.
Investigators in the Santore lab have patented a multifunctional platform that can selectively capture bacteria from a complex fluid (such as food or blood) and, after a period of minutes to hours during which the bacteria could be...
The Office of Naval Research has awarded Hayward as lead investigator and a team of researchers at UMass Amherst, the University of California, Riverside, Stanford University, the University of California, Santa Barbara, Kent State...
- NSF Materials Research Science and Engineering Center on Polymers (MRSEC)
- Center for UMass Industry Research on Polymers (CUMIRP)
- NSF Center for Hierarchical Manufacturing (CHM)
- DOE Polymer-Based Materials for Harvesting Solar Energy (PHaSE) Energy Frontier Research Center (EFRC)
- Soft Materials for Life Sciences National Research Traineeship (NRT)