Originally from Needham, MA, I received my BSE from Cornell University in Materials Science and Engineering.
Formation of Frank–Kasper phases in soft matter systems confounds intuitive notions that equilibrium states achieve maximal symmetry, deriving from the conflict between symmetry of spherical domains and uniform space filling. A new...
Professor Maria Santore was recently awarded ~$ 1M by the National Science Foundation to lead a 3-year program focusing on communication between bacteria and electronic devices based on tactile two-way interactions. Along with Sloan...
- NSF Materials Research Science and Engineering Center on Polymers (MRSEC)
- Center for UMass Industry Research on Polymers (CUMIRP)
- NSF Center for Hierarchical Manufacturing (CHM)
- DOE Polymer-Based Materials for Harvesting Solar Energy (PHaSE) Energy Frontier Research Center (EFRC)
- Soft Materials for Life Sciences National Research Traineeship (NRT)