A group of PSE Alumni at Dow will be presenting a virtual information session on Thursday June 4th from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. The format will consist of 60-70 minutes of presentations from the Alumni on their careers at Dow and highlights of various technologies at Dow which they have brought to market. There will also be general advice about working in industry and interview skills. This is NOT Dow's recruiting visit to PSE. That will happen later this summer. The session will end with 20-30 minutes for Q&A from students and postdocs. Dow will host this on WebEx.
Dow Inc. - Virtual Info Session Location: via WebEx
When: Thursday, June 4, 2020 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM Eastern Time
• Presenters’ introduction
• How to prepare for a job interview
• Dow today: company overview
• An example of an industrial research project: “Resin Coating Development for Proppant Sand” by Kaoru Aou
• Joshua Enokida, 2019 PSE Graduate (Coughlin). Senior Engineer, High Pressure Copolymers Product R&D, Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics, Lake Jackson, Texas.
• Brendan Ondra. 2020 PSE Graduate (Lesser). Senior Research Specialist: Robotics Team / Laboratory Automation Group / FAMS / Core R&D, Midland, Michigan.
• Beth Cooper 2010 PSE Graduate (Emrick) Turf, Healthcare & Hygiene, Senior R&D Leader, Dow Plastics & Specialty Packaging, Freeport, Texas.
• John Ell 2009 PSE Postdoc (Carter, Watkins), Resins Coatings and Adhesives, Senior R&D Leader, Dow Performance Silcones, Auburn, Michigan.
• Greg Cardoen 2006 PSE Graduate (Coughlin). Personal Care Senior R&D Leader, Dow Home and Personal Care, Collegeville, Pennsylvania.
• Kaoru Aou, 2007 PSE Graduate (Hsu). Product R&D Principal Research Scientist, Dow Polyurethanes, Lake Jackson, Texas.