Connecting from a Windows computer (Windows 7 Pro used in this example):
- Step One: Plug the pink cable dangling out of the switch into your Ethernet port.
- Step Two: Go to Control Panel:
- Step Three: Choose “Devices and Printers”. If you can’t find it, try changing the “View by…” in the upper right-hand corner to “Large Icons”:
- Step Four: Click on “Add a Printer”:
- Step Five: Choose “Add a Local Printer”:
- Step Six: Select “Create a new port; Choose” Standard TCI/IP Port” in the drop down menu under “Type of port”. Click Next:
- Step Seven: Where it says “Hostname or IP Address”, type in “192.168.15.251”. Hit “Next”: