A Student-Led Program In Research and Education
ASPIRE aimes to introduce high school students laboratory experience in polymer science.
Spanning five consecutive Saturdays in January and February ASPIRE students will perform 'hands-on' experiments in polymer laboratories including polymer sythesis, molecular modeling, 3D-printing, mechanical testing and an independent project.
The program is offered to High school students (except Freshmen) free of charge, thanks to support of the UMass MRSEC.
Application for ASPIRE 2016
2016 dates: Jan 9, Jan 16, Jan 23, Jan 30 and Jan 13, (backup snow day: Feb 13)
Apply to be a part of the 16th annual APSIRE program in the Polymer
Science and Engineering Department at the University of Massachusetts
Amherst! Sponsored by the Polymer Science and Engineering department,
ASPIRE runs for 5 consecutive Saturday mornings commencing on Jan 9,
2016 [9, 16, 23, 30 and February 6 (Snow Date Feb 13)]. We are looking
for students in 10-12th grade interested in science, technology and
engineering. In this no-cost program, graduate students will guide you
through the experience of research in a science and engineering lab. As
a part of our program, you:
- Get hands-on experience in a science and engineering lab
- Do experiments in polymer chemistry, physics, and engineering
- Learn about electron microscopes and 3D printers
- Plan and run your own one-day independent project
Interested students can apply for the program online here. Application deadline is Nov 30th, 2015
Please note that the two necessary conditions:
- A recommendation from teacher (you will be directed in the form to forward them a link),
- Mandatory waiver signed by the legal guardian (download from here)
should be submitted to complete the application.